What is Vicodin 5/500mg?
Vicodin pills are a combination of two different medications: hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, available in tablet form for oral administration. It is an opioid analgesic containing an opiate and a non-opiate, non-salicylate analgesic.
Vicodin 5/500mg is a white-colored, capsule-shaped bisected tablet containing 5 milligrams of hydrocodone bitartrate and 500 milligrams of acetaminophen. It has an imprint of strength “5” score “500” on one side and “VICODIN” on the other.
Apart from active ingredients, Vicodin pills also contain some inactive ingredients such as crospovidone, colloidal silicon dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, pregelatinized starch, povidone, and stearic acid.
What are the uses of Vicodin?
Buy Vicodin online for the management of severe chronic pain that requires opioid pain treatment and for which other treatment options are not adequate.
Vicodin is a potent opioid having the potential of addiction, abuse, and misuse, even at recommended doses. Due to this, medical professionals should only recommend it when alternative treatment options such as non-opioid pain relievers or other opioid analgesics are either not tolerated or insufficient to provide adequate pain relief.
What are the side effects and dangers associated with Vicodin?
The most frequent side effects of Vicodin are dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, and sedation. Other adverse effects of the medication include:
- Mental clouding
- Psychological dependence
- Impairment of physical or mental performance
- Ureteral spasm
- Urinary retention
- Hearing impairment
- Skin rashes
- Serotonin syndrome
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Androgen deficiency
Several warnings or dangers associated with the use of Vicodin pills are:
- Risk of mental or physical dependence resulting in addiction and abuse.
- Fatal respiratory depression
- Neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome
- Life-threatening drug interactions
- Risks from concurrent use with other central nervous system depressants
- Lethal respiratory depression in patients with chronic pulmonary disease.
- Severe side effects in elderly or debilitating patients.
- Risk of adrenal insufficiency or severe hypotension.
- Life-threatening hepatoxicity with an overdose of acetaminophen.